httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: [A-T patch] give a hint how to raise the timeout
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 01:46:42 GMT
On Mar 4, 2004, at 5:09 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Not in this case. T-H wasn't called yet. It gets called only after
> server successfully starts.

Ah, right, okay.

> If you they did:
>
> % make test
>
> but you'd suggest to run:
>
> % ./Build test
>
> not only it'll confuse the user, who aren't aware of Build or t/TEST
> (in caes of Makemaker) existance, but it also won't do what you wanted
> the user to do. For example 'make test' in mp2 runs several tests
> suites and also ensures to print a bug report banner. t/TEST will run
> only one test suite and won't print the banner (unless the flag
> -bugreport flag will be passed).

All I'm saying is that it could be confusing if they ran './build test'
and you're asking them to run 'make test'. But FWIW, I see this type of
problem all the time. For example, CPAN and CPANPLUS will prompt you to
run 'make install UNINST=1' when they notice older versions of a module
you're installing, even if the module is using Module::Build and needs
to run './Build install uninst=1'. I don't know of a simple answer to
this problem, but using 'make install' is probably the simplest thing
to do for the time being.

Regards,

David