httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: testing apache 1.3 on windows
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:11:27 GMT
At 11:46 AM 3/22/2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>
>>TestConfigC.pm was making the assumption that that '-llibhttpd -p'
>>was valid for all versions of the server on windows.  conditionalised
>>and now it works.  committed.
>
>Good work, Ken!
>
>in the future commits please avoid using unnecessary parantheses, to keep the code style
consistent.

LOL I personally find Ken's style increases legibility - +1 and kudos
to all Perl programmers who write code legibly :)

Those familiar with xbase know that DO FOR recval < 100 AMD fooval = "Q"
would parse and treat AMD... as commentary - enclosing the same condition
in parens would successfully cause the parser to complain.  To this day I'm
still a huge beliver in extra parens for clarity :)