httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: more on the perl-framework on windows
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:30:19 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> I'm happy to work on this, and I can sense your frustration. if I understand
> you correctly, what you want to do is this:
>
> $ perl Makefile.PL -apxs /apache/2.0.48/worker/perl-5.8.3/bin/apxs
> $ t/TEST -conf
>
> and then copy all the resulting configurations, .so files, etc to a box that
> doesn't have make and still run the perl-framework.  yes?

close, but not quite.  the apache.exe and apxs(.*) file may be
in a different location on each machine tested.  so what i want to
be able to do, on a non-msvc-enabled win32 system, is

1. perl Makefile.PL -apxs wherever-or-omit -httpd c:/path/to/apache.exe
2. [restore the perl-framework/c-modules/.../*.so files from a zip]
3. perl -whatever-options-are-needed-but-won't-zap-the-.so-files
4. perl t/TEST modules/env

whether the [restore] happens before or after #3 above i don't
care -- i just want to be able to configure the frameworks according
to the layout on the box being tested, then put the correct .so files
in place, and then be able to run the tests.  WITHOUT it trying to be
smart and rebuild what doesn't need to be rebuilt, using tools that
aren't available.

frustrated?  o yeah..  i can't trace and follow all the byways of how
it figures out what it wants to do, not in the time available.  i've
spent a couple of weeks fighting with this now, and frustration is
about all i've gotten out of it. :-(

stas, can we get together on irc on this one?  i really need to bring
this to a state i can use asap.  i'm rous on irc.freenode.net..
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"