httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: more on the perl-framework on windows
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:44:11 GMT

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Randy Kobes wrote:
>
>>If you put the compiled modules in place, and then run
>>'nmake test', is the problem that things get cleaned out
>>first (erasing the binaries), or that it just tries to
>>recompile things? On my system (which has VC++), 'nmake
>>test' first cleans things out, which erases previously built
>>modules.
>

> the problem is that on the systems in question there IS NO
> nmake.  i want to completely short-circuit any and all parts
> of -clean, -stop, -config, and testing that a) cleans the
> modules out and b) tries to build them.  in other words,
> i want to know what i need to do to just have the bloody
> thing USE what i put there, without it trying to be smart.

I'm happy to work on this, and I can sense your frustration. if I understand
you correctly, what you want to do is this:

$ perl Makefile.PL -apxs /apache/2.0.48/worker/perl-5.8.3/bin/apxs
$ t/TEST -conf

and then copy all the resulting configurations, .so files, etc to a box that
doesn't have make and still run the perl-framework.  yes?

anyway, so I ran the above two lines then tarred up the results and untarred
to a different directory.  I even removed the apxs binary.  with the
attached patch

$ t/TEST

seems to work fine.  the difference is that instead of running 't/TEST
-clean' behind the scenes when a new cwd is detected I run 't/TEST -conf'
which seems to be a bit more intelligent but still allows the tests to run.

let me know if this helps you at all.

--Geoff