httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: more on the perl-framework on windows
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:01:54 GMT

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>>specifically what operations need make or nmake?  i need to
>>know so i can provide appropriately-prepared files so it
>>won't try to run it.  this is so i can run it on systems
>>that don't have a developer environment installed..
>

> let me put this another way:  after running -stop, -clean, and
> -config, the next test run seems to invoke apxs -- which fails
> on a system that doesn't have a make tool.  exactly what is
> apxs being invoked to do, and why, and what can i do to give
> the framework what it wants so it won't call apxs?

apxs is not required to run Apache-Test or the perl-framework.  it is
required to build any supporting *.c modules, though.

anyway, in the following dialog I removed the apxs binary for that apache
install.

[geoff@jib perl-framework]$ perl Makefile.PL -httpd
/apache/1.3/static/perl-5.8.3/bin/httpd

[geoff@jib perl-framework]$ t/TEST -conf
[warning] cleaning out current configuration
[warning] cannot build c-modules without apxs
[warning] reconfiguration done

[geoff@jib perl-framework]$ t/TEST
/apache/1.3/static/perl-5.8.3/bin/httpd -d /src/httpd-test/perl-framework/t
-f /src/httpd-test/perl-framework/t/conf/httpd.conf -D APACHE1 -D
PERL_USEITHREADS
using Apache/1.3.30-dev
t/apache/acceptpathinfo....skipped
        all skipped: apache version 2 required, this is version 1
t/apache/byterange.........ok
t/apache/chunkinput........skipped
        all skipped: no apxs configured

if apxs is being invoked but isn't available you may have a leftover
TestConfigData.pm sitting around which you can safely remove.  or you didn't
explicitly pass -httpd or something like that, which you ought to be able to
do via t/TEST -conf -httpd /path/to/httpd as well.

HTH

--Geoff