httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/t/apache chunkinput.t
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:44:40 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> stoddard@apache.org wrote:
>
>>stoddard    2004/03/23 12:50:41
>>
>>  Modified:    perl-framework/t/apache chunkinput.t
>>  Log:
>>  adjust for 1.3 fooness in handling this test case
>

> hi
>
> since you seem to understand chunked foo, care to take a look at this?
>
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-test-dev&m=107108438330280&w=2
>
> I still see 1.3 failing on t/apache/limit.t without that patch, but I wanted
> to be sure that the change is warranted before committing.
>
> thanks
>
> --Geoff

The analysis of the problem pointed to by the url above looks right to me. I came to the same
conclusion, that
1.3 and 2.0 are fundamentally different in how they handle/respond to chunked request bodies.
1.3 is not going
to change so may as well work around it. I am not a perl programmer, so +1 "in concept" to
the limits.t patch.

Bill