httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: testing apache 1.3 on windows
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:17:42 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 11:46 AM 3/22/2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>>

>>>TestConfigC.pm was making the assumption that that '-llibhttpd -p'
>>>was valid for all versions of the server on windows.  conditionalised
>>>and now it works.  committed.
>>
>>Good work, Ken!
>>
>>in the future commits please avoid using unnecessary parantheses, to keep the code
style consistent.

> LOL I personally find Ken's style increases legibility - +1 and kudos
> to all Perl programmers who write code legibly :)
>
> Those familiar with xbase know that DO FOR recval < 100 AMD fooval = "Q"
> would parse and treat AMD... as commentary - enclosing the same condition
> in parens would successfully cause the parser to complain.  To this day I'm
> still a huge beliver in extra parens for clarity :)

true, but there is no ambiguety in:

   do something if A == B

in which case extra parens make the code less readable, IMHO of course.

In any case, let's not to start a flamewar here, we just try to keep the
coding style consistent across the project and we use () only when they are
needed to avoid ambiguety.