httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: testing apache 1.3 on windows
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:46:35 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>does this make any difference/
>>
>>perl Makefile.PL -apxs K:/Coar/Apache/Server-1.3/bin/apxs.pl -httpd
>>K:/Coar/Apache/Server-1.3/bin/Apache.exe
>

> yes, it made a difference -- but it still didn't work.  it now
> specifies '-D APACHE1' correctly --

OK, so this is a known issue. Geoff was saying that he will post a
reproducable case so I can fix that. I suppose that since Geoff has added the
band-aid to turn the feature off we won't see that case ;)

> but it still specifies '-p'
> which isn't an apxs option for 1.3.
>

>>perl Makefile.PL -httpd K:/Coar/Apache/Server-1.3/bin/Apache.exe
>

> 'can't build c-modules without apxs'
>
> okey, i thin i found the problem -- TestConfigC.pm was making the
> assumption that that '-llibhttpd -p' was valid for all versions of
> the server on windows.  conditionalised and now it works.  committed.

Good work, Ken!

in the future commits please avoid using unnecessary parantheses, to keep the
code style consistent.