httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: testing apache 1.3 on windows
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:14:47 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>
>> it all boils down to TestConfigParse::httpd_version()
>
> glad to know it's somewhat identified.
>
>> that (or similar foo) will happen when you try to test first against 2.0 and
>> then against 1.3, regardless of win32 vs unix.  at least that's been my
>> experience.
>>
>> try first removing $HOME/.apache-test and see if that helps.  if so, just
>> introduced into cvs yesterday was $ENV{APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES}
>> which, if true, attempts to suppress any and all influence from prior runs.
>
> well, no.  there is no ".apache-test" file anywhere on my windows system.
> i did a "set APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1".  i even completely
> removed and re-checked out the httpd-test module.  but
>
> perl Makefile.PL -apxs "K:\Coar\Apache\Server-1.3\bin\apxs.pl"
>
> succeeds, as does the nmake following, but
>
> perl t\TEST -config
>
> explodes with the attempt to treat the 1.3 apxs.pl as 2.0, complete
> with the same -D APACHE2.

i just tried completely removing the httpd-test tree and checking out
HEAD again.  it did exactly the same thing:

perl Makefile.PL -apxs K:/Coar/Apache/Server-1.3/bin/apxs.pl
perl t\TEST -config
[blah blah]
K:\Coar\Apache\Server-1.3\bin\apxs.pl -D APACHE2
-IK:\Coar\httpd-test\perl-framework\c-modules -llibhttpd -p -c mod_test_ssl.c

and blows up with '-p' being unrecognised.  so why is it trying
to figure out that this is a 2.0 server???
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"