httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Sticky preferences in Windows
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 02:35:11 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 11:23:05AM -0500, William McKee wrote:
>
>>Thanks for the pointer Randy. Actually, I tracked it down to
>>Apache::TestConfigData.
>

> Well, although the old value of httpd was declared in this package,
> deleting the key from the $Apache::TestConfigData::Vars hashref did not
> resolve my problem. Turns out that this value was getting saved into
> t/conf/apache_test_config.pm. I'm surprised that `make clean` didn't
> remove this file.

because it could find itself. Try to move things with the current A-T cvs, it
should work fine (i.e. 'make clean' should delete t/conf/apache_test_config.pm
after the project was moved), if not than more work is needed, in which case
please provide the steps to reproduce the problem.

 > Thanks for the pointer Randy. Actually, I tracked it down to
 > Apache::TestConfigData. Here's the command I was running:
 >
 >   perl Makefile.PL -httpd c:\apache2\bin\apache.exe
 >
 > It seems to me that this should have replaced what was in
 > TestConfigData. Instead, that value was being used. I tried to track it
 > down but am still in over my head with these scripts. Perhaps someone
 > can explain why it didn't replace the saved value or provide a patch.

Nothing will be overriden unless you tell it to do so. Which you get with -save:

   perl Makefile.PL -httpd c:\apache2\bin\apache.exe -save

I wonder whether it'd be a good idea to invalidate invalid bits of the saved
config, e.g. if apxs is saved but can't be found on the filesystem? So if
someone install apache in one location, run A-T which saves that location, and
then nukes apache and reinstalls it into a different location it'll drop the
previously saved config since the path to apxs and/or httpd will be invalid.