httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Using A::T on Windows
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 02:25:27 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> William McKee wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 05:26:05PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>>
>>> I suspect that you are subclassing ModPerl::TestRun instead of
>>> Apache::TestRun. The former requires mod_perl, the latter doesn't not.
>>> ModPerl::TestRun is a subclass of Apache::TestRun
>>

>> This would be in the TEST.PL file, right? Here's what mine looks like:
>>
>> -------------------------
>>     #!perl
>>         use strict;
>>     use warnings FATAL => 'all';
>>         use lib qw(lib);
>>         use Apache::TestRunPerl ();
>>         Apache::TestRunPerl->new->run(@ARGV);
>> -------------------------
>

> No, that's fine. I should have looked at Apache/TestConfigPerl.pm line
>   486. It runs that code if you have mod_perl tests. i.e. response
> module t/response/TestFoo/Bar.pm.

No, that's not fine. I've misread the code. Apache::TestRunPerl requires
mod_perl. I'm updating the docs. You need to use Apache::TestRun if you don't
want to run mod_perl.

Admittedly it'd be better to call it Apache::TestRunModPerl, but the
assumption that Perl == mod_perl (of course mod_cgi could be just as well).
May be we could have changed it but we don't want to break test suites of
people who use that name.