httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Errors testing under Win32
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 01:40:36 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 03:37:26PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>>Actually, there is no 'PerlModule Apache::Response' directive in my
>>>normal setup and I'm not loading an external startup.pl file.
>>
>>Yes, but it could have been loaded indirectly by some module, e.g. CGI.pm
>>or Apache::compat, that you have loaded from httpd.conf.
>

> OK, that makes sense. Looks like it may be ModPerl::Registry which is
> drawing it into play when I run my scripts via the Apache server.

That's right.

> So although it works to put 'PerlModule Apache::Response' into my httpd
> config, you're suggesting that I include it in my scripts? I can see
> where that would be the best solution for maximum portability. I'll make
> that change.

You should always do that. We have explained that in our book
http://modperlbook.org and I think you can find the explanations somewhere in
the perl.apache.org docs. If you can't find it, let me know, I'll try to get it.

>>But please read:
>>http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/porting.html#Using_C_ModPerl__MethodLookup__to_Discover_Which_mod_perl_2_0_Modules_Need_to_Be_Loaded
>

> Thanks for the link. While reading it, I discovered there's a whole
> other part of the MP2 docs at perl.apache.org. So far, I had only found
> the "Starting with 2.0" and "Migrating to 2.0" sections.

Try:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/index.html

>>http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/index.html is being slowly improved,
>>but it will take a long time till it will get completed unless more people
>>will contribute, since we have just a few hands.
>

> Is this why you don't have a link in the menu bar to "The 2.0 guide"? It
> would have been a long time before I found all the useful, albeit
> incomplete, info without your link. FWIW, I think it would be useful to
> include a link to the 2.0 material.

It's linked from Documentation. Though not from the shortcuts menu. See the
link above.