httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Errors testing under Win32
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:37:26 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 01:22:20PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>have you loaded Apache::Response?
>

> No, I wasn't aware that I needed to specify this module.
>

>>Probably because your startup/config setups are different. You loaded
>>'Apache::Response' in your normal setup, but not in your A-t setup.
>

> Actually, there is no 'PerlModule Apache::Response' directive in my
> normal setup and I'm not loading an external startup.pl file.

Yes, but it could have been loaded indirectly by some module, e.g. CGI.pm or
Apache::compat, that you have loaded from httpd.conf.

>>You should load this and any other required modules from the code that
>>uses it, not at the server startup. (you load at the server startup to
>>speed things up, not as a substitute to the loading from the handler's
>>module).
>

> OK, I tried adding the PerlModule Apache::Response line to my
> extra.conf.in file and doing my tests. They ran fine minus a few
> OS-specific errors.
>
> Of course this result begs the question, why do these tests work for
> testing and production without use'ing 'Apache::Response' in Linux/mp1
> (I checked both httpd.conf and startup.pl; neither refer to A::Response)
> as well as in production in Win32/mp2 (i.e., running apache as usual;
> even works in single server mode) but fail when tested via A::T?

see above.

> BTW, I tried to find documentation for Apache::Response on CPAN but
> there's no reference to it. Didn't find anything in the Eagle book or in
> _mod_perl Developer's Cookbook_. The description at perl.apache.org is
> "To be completed".

It was added in mod_perl 2, you won't find it in mentioned in these books. But
please read:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/porting.html#Using_C_ModPerl__MethodLookup__to_Discover_Which_mod_perl_2_0_Modules_Need_to_Be_Loaded

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/index.html is being slowly improved, but
it will take a long time till it will get completed unless more people will
contribute, since we have just a few hands.