httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Using A::T on Windows
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2004 04:06:05 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 07:43:15PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>It certainly can be patched not to do so. But I don't response handlers can
>>be useful for anything else besides mod_perl. It'd help if you'd have
>>explained what are you try to test. mod_cgi?
>

> Sorry, here's the background. I've developed a test web application
> framework on my Linux system which uses mod_perl. I'm trying to port
> this setup to Windows. I have written several tests, including response
> handlers that are working fine in Linux. These are failing to run in
> Windows. To my knowledge none of the modules I am using rely solely on
> mod_perl. In fact, I can get the system to run via a plain Apache
> server. Perhaps I need to edit my conf/extra.conf.in to let A::T know
> how to serve my perl scripts.
>
> Doh! Lightbulb finally went on. The response handlers are written as
> mod_perl handlers. I don't guess there is any way to run these as cgi
> scripts, eh?

Via wrappers, of course. In which case you should write several general
purpose modules put them under project/lib (or some special lib under
project/t) and then write the wrappers (.pl for mod_cgi, .pm for mod_perl) and
put those under project/t. that should do the trick.

Sure, perl.apache.org has them http://perl.apache.org/dist/win32-bin/