httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Failures in TestRun.pm with A::T 1.09
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2004 03:01:29 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 04:25:42PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>OK, please let us know once you get a clean build and if it's still failing
>>we will take it from there. Thanks.
>

> OK, finally got Perl 5.8.3 properly built. Unfortunately, my tests are
> still failing. However, this version of Perl is compiled with O3. I'd
> like to try your suggestion of using O2 but am not sure how all of the
> libraries tie together.
>
> Right now, I find that I have to build the shared lib via -Duseshrplib
> then create a symbolic link from /usr/lib/libperl.so back to the right
> version (currently
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i686-linux/CORE/libperl.so. I do the same for
> libperl.a. If I build Perl with O2, will the .a and .so files have this
> setting? Will I need to rebuild modperl or will it begin using the .so
> with the new setting?

Why do you have /usr/lib/libperl.* at all? It's a bad idea to have it in the
common path if you have more than one perl installed on the same system.

Yes, you always need to rebuild mod_perl with the new version of perl.

> As you can see, I'm rather confused about how all of these files fit
> together. I did read your discussion of installing mp at
> perl.apache.org. However, there were not enough low-level details for me
> to fit all of this together.

All I'm worried about is that you may have too many perls installed under the
same tree or on the same system, and when you use them they get intermixed
causing weird problems. So I'd suggest to completely nuke (after backuping)
/usr/local/lib/perl5 and any other places you may have remains of perl
including libperl.* and install a fresh perl, rebuild mod_perl and then give
it a try.