httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: disabling sticky preferences
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:08:50 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>

>>>hi all
>>>
>>>I'm _still_ having problems with sticky preferences.  unfortunately, I
>>>don't
>>>have the time atm to locate the specifics, but basically I was trying to
>>>compile a 1.3 static build (without mod_so) using -httpd.  while A-T
>>>found
>>>the proper httpd, LoadModule statements that pointed to my last 2.0
>>>install
>>>were still being generated.
>>

>>probably because of apxs and httpd mismatch?
>

> yes.  IIRC it got httpd right but APXS (note the caps) was carried over.

Right, I saw a similar problem and tried to deal with it, but I guess there
are more variations to it. I hope you can give me a case to reproduce.

Ideally we should have only either httpd or apxs, but not both.

> I think it's actually a bit more than that.  just adding it there still
> saves away ~/.apache-test/ for the run, even if it didn't exist initially.
> what I wanted was a way to toally avoid it from the outset. anyway, I think
> this patch does the trick, but you would know better than I would whether it
> is enough.

I thought what you cared for is not to load the custom config. but sure, your
patch is fine, +1.