httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: disabling sticky preferences
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:13:37 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> hi all
> I'm _still_ having problems with sticky preferences.  unfortunately, I don't
> have the time atm to locate the specifics, but basically I was trying to
> compile a 1.3 static build (without mod_so) using -httpd.  while A-T found
> the proper httpd, LoadModule statements that pointed to my last 2.0 install
> were still being generated.

probably because of apxs and httpd mismatch?

> so, with my developer hat on I'd like to see the problem fixed.  maybe next
> week I'll reproduce and track it down.
> but with my user hat on I'm starting to get really irked by all of this.
> really, I don't want sticky preferences and never did (as a user, remember
> :).  so, can we perhaps support $ENV{APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES} as a
> way to totally disable them - no attempting to load ~/.apache-test/, no
> generation of ~/.apache-test/, etc?

+1, though let's keep the env var the same as the function name, so I'd prefer
$ENV{APACHE_TEST_NO_CUSTOM_CONFIG} (even though yours sounds better, so may be
we should change the function name).

in any case just add:

in the custom_config_load sub.

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->