httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: in-place edit in TestRun.pm
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:56:22 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Randy Kobes wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>   A recent change in Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestRun.pm
>>>involves an in-place edit, at around line 765:
>>>    local @ARGV = $config_file;
>>>    while( <> ) {
>>>        s/old/new/;
>>>        print;
>>>    }
>>>Unfortunately, Win32 can't do such in-place edits:
>>
>>BTW, how did you notice this problem? Did you try to
>>relocate a project to a new directory? Or did it just hit
>>in on the normal run? If the latter, then something is
>>broken.
>

> It was a bit strange .... I got a fresh checkout, then built
> and ran the tests, which timed out, for the reasons of
> thread limits we were discussing. So I edited httpd.conf,
> and when running perl t/TEST the in-place edit problem
> arose. After applying that patch, the editing was run,
> successfully.

So, it is broken. Can you trace why does it get there? It's supposed to get to
this rewrite-the-file part only if you have configured the test suite in
directory /foo and then moved it to /bar and trying to run the test suite
again. Untill now things were totally broken and you will have to go and
manually cleanup the autogenerated files in t/conf. This change is supposed to
gracefully recover. But I guess there are rough edges.