httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Failures in TestRun.pm with A::T 1.09
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 06:41:15 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 02:42:45PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>That's strange. What kind of Perl build do you have?
>

> It's 5.8.2 running under Debian stable. I compiled it myself (which
> could attribute to the problem!).

% perl -V

?

>>Do you get this problem when running:
>>
>>% perl -lwe 'use warnings; exec "echo ok"; die "should not be reached"'
>

> No problems. I tried playing with taint and some other settings but
> still no problems.

I guess, there are other things that affect it. I'd look for things like eval
{} blocks.

Since, I can't reproduce it, I'm not sure what is abnormal about your perl,
I'd suggest to start truncating the code that fails, till you get to the
smallest possible case which you will be able to reproduce in a standalone
script. Then we can ask p5p if there is some sort of bug, triggered in certain
cases.