httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: new one: rwrite on aix with 1.3
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 04:22:14 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
[...]
> The patch below fixes that. But I haven't written that code, so I don't
> know why it was written to specifically ignore any failures. So I'm
> hesitant to commit it.

I've pinged Doug who wrote this code, and he said:

"i seem to recall it being intentional.  if a module couldn't be compiled
then don't try to test it.  but i can't recall an example of such a case
where ignoring the compile error would be reasonable.  your patch seems
fine."

So if that works for you, Ken (i.e. it aborts 'make test') I'll commit it.