httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject A-T: making the debug tracing functionality usable in production?
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:58:36 GMT
I'm getting used to use:

  debug "foo", \@bar

when writing my code and I want to continue using it in my real modules. The
problem with Apache::TestTrace that even though you can control the tracing
level, they aren't compile time checks. Meaning that it's going to be costly
to keep trace calls in the production code.

What I was thinking is to introduce a subclass of Apache::TestTrace, which
will operate exactly the same as its parent. But it won't be possible to
change the trace level post-compile time, which will allow to optimize away
calls like 'debug' if the level is not right.

Or do you think this functionality doesn't belong to the Apache::Test framework?