httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Using A::T on Windows
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:04:26 GMT
On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:48:53AM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> The only possible caveat is the the author may have mod_perl installed and
> will use the wrong subclass, for his test suite and it will work just fine.
> When the user w/o mp will try to run it, it'll fail. But the error message
> should give the user enough info to know how to proceed.

Yes, that was one of the issues that I ran across when porting my app
from Linux to Windows. The error message would have been sufficient to
understand the root of the problem.

I certainly hope that I can buy you a <insert drink of choice> one day!
mod_perl has been one of the most complicated pieces of software that
I've ever attempted to use. If it's this tough to understand as a user,
I can only imagine the troubles that the developers have.

Best regards,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.