httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Using A::T on Windows
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:33:20 GMT
On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 06:25:27PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> No, that's not fine. I've misread the code. Apache::TestRunPerl requires
> mod_perl. I'm updating the docs. You need to use Apache::TestRun if you
> don't want to run mod_perl.

Excellent. Using TestRun simply skips the response tests. Very smart.

> Admittedly it'd be better to call it Apache::TestRunModPerl, but the
> assumption that Perl == mod_perl (of course mod_cgi could be just as well).
> May be we could have changed it but we don't want to break test suites of
> people who use that name.

I'm guessing that not many folks who are using A::T are subclassing
TestRun directly. Perhaps there could be a TestRunCGI module to help
differentiate which module to subclass. I'm not sure that would have
helped me much though since I would have ignorantly tried to use the
same TEST.PL script in both locations (on a mod_perl enabled and
non-mod_perl enabled server), not realizing everything that's going on
behind the scenes.

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.