httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Errors testing under Win32
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 01:23:24 GMT
On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 03:37:26PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> >Actually, there is no 'PerlModule Apache::Response' directive in my
> >normal setup and I'm not loading an external startup.pl file.
>
> Yes, but it could have been loaded indirectly by some module, e.g. CGI.pm
> or Apache::compat, that you have loaded from httpd.conf.

OK, that makes sense. Looks like it may be ModPerl::Registry which is
drawing it into play when I run my scripts via the Apache server.

> >>You should load this and any other required modules from the code that
> >>uses it, not at the server startup. (you load at the server startup to
> >>speed things up, not as a substitute to the loading from the handler's
> >>module).

So although it works to put 'PerlModule Apache::Response' into my httpd
config, you're suggesting that I include it in my scripts? I can see
where that would be the best solution for maximum portability. I'll make
that change.

> But please read:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/porting.html#Using_C_ModPerl__MethodLookup__to_Discover_Which_mod_perl_2_0_Modules_Need_to_Be_Loaded

Thanks for the link. While reading it, I discovered there's a whole
other part of the MP2 docs at perl.apache.org. So far, I had only found
the "Starting with 2.0" and "Migrating to 2.0" sections.

> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/index.html is being slowly improved,
> but it will take a long time till it will get completed unless more people
> will contribute, since we have just a few hands.

Is this why you don't have a link in the menu bar to "The 2.0 guide"? It
would have been a long time before I found all the useful, albeit
incomplete, info without your link. FWIW, I think it would be useful to
include a link to the 2.0 material.

Thanks,
William

--