httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Errors testing under Win32
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:09:12 GMT
On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 01:22:20PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> have you loaded Apache::Response?

No, I wasn't aware that I needed to specify this module.

> Probably because your startup/config setups are different. You loaded
> 'Apache::Response' in your normal setup, but not in your A-t setup.

Actually, there is no 'PerlModule Apache::Response' directive in my
normal setup and I'm not loading an external startup.pl file.

> You should load this and any other required modules from the code that
> uses it, not at the server startup. (you load at the server startup to
> speed things up, not as a substitute to the loading from the handler's
> module).

OK, I tried adding the PerlModule Apache::Response line to my
extra.conf.in file and doing my tests. They ran fine minus a few
OS-specific errors.

Of course this result begs the question, why do these tests work for
testing and production without use'ing 'Apache::Response' in Linux/mp1
(I checked both httpd.conf and startup.pl; neither refer to A::Response)
as well as in production in Win32/mp2 (i.e., running apache as usual;
even works in single server mode) but fail when tested via A::T?

BTW, I tried to find documentation for Apache::Response on CPAN but
there's no reference to it. Didn't find anything in the Eagle book or in
_mod_perl Developer's Cookbook_. The description at perl.apache.org is
"To be completed".

Thanks again!
William