httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Failures in TestRun.pm with A::T 1.09
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2004 04:17:50 GMT
On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 07:44:46PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> that's when you start apache/mp, right? You need to remove that library and
> then rebuild mod_perl. It should now find the library under
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/.../libperl.so

Yeah, sure enough I moved all the libperl.so.* out of the /usr/lib/ path
and recompiled apache/mp. It worked fine. I don't know why I had it
stuck in my build process that I needed to create these links. So do I
really even need to compile Perl with -Duseshrplib? It seems like
mod_perl requires this library (although I'm not building it as a DSO, I
have DSO enabled and am using APACI).

> >Yeah, that's certainly a concern. I'd like to figure out my
> >misconfiguration issue above then will attempt your proposal to nuke all
> >these old installations and start fresh.
>
> at least move them into some safe location (like some foo dir under your
> home directory).

Just FYI, after moving the libperl.* out of /usr/lib and rebuilding
Apache/mp, I'm still having problems with the TestRun.pm module. I'll
try building Perl with O2 next.

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.