httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Using A::T on Windows
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2004 03:56:52 GMT
On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 07:43:15PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> It certainly can be patched not to do so. But I don't response handlers can
> be useful for anything else besides mod_perl. It'd help if you'd have
> explained what are you try to test. mod_cgi?

Sorry, here's the background. I've developed a test web application
framework on my Linux system which uses mod_perl. I'm trying to port
this setup to Windows. I have written several tests, including response
handlers that are working fine in Linux. These are failing to run in
Windows. To my knowledge none of the modules I am using rely solely on
mod_perl. In fact, I can get the system to run via a plain Apache
server. Perhaps I need to edit my conf/extra.conf.in to let A::T know
how to serve my perl scripts.

Doh! Lightbulb finally went on. The response handlers are written as
mod_perl handlers. I don't guess there is any way to run these as cgi
scripts, eh? I don't have a compiler for Windows. Does anyone have a
good recommendation for getting a binary mod_perl library for Windows?
That's probably going to be the best route I suspect.

Thanks,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.