httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Failures in TestRun.pm with A::T 1.09
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2004 02:46:17 GMT
On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 04:25:42PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> OK, please let us know once you get a clean build and if it's still failing
> we will take it from there. Thanks.

OK, finally got Perl 5.8.3 properly built. Unfortunately, my tests are
still failing. However, this version of Perl is compiled with O3. I'd
like to try your suggestion of using O2 but am not sure how all of the
libraries tie together.

Right now, I find that I have to build the shared lib via -Duseshrplib
then create a symbolic link from /usr/lib/libperl.so back to the right
version (currently
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i686-linux/CORE/libperl.so. I do the same for
libperl.a. If I build Perl with O2, will the .a and .so files have this
setting? Will I need to rebuild modperl or will it begin using the .so
with the new setting?

As you can see, I'm rather confused about how all of these files fit
together. I did read your discussion of installing mp at
perl.apache.org. However, there were not enough low-level details for me
to fit all of this together.

Thanks for any advice,
William

--