httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Failures in TestRun.pm with A::T 1.09
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:55:59 GMT
On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 10:32:08AM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> rgs suggested to try B::Concise, which show you what the opcode tree looks 
> like. Try the patch below. Does it still fail as before? (all I did is just 
> commenting out some redundant code, which will not prevent us from running. 
> If it does fail the same way, uncomment the line:
> 
>  #B::Concise::compile(__PACKAGE__."::set_ulimit_via_sh")->();
> 
> run:
> 
> % t/TEST -start
> 
> and post the output. Thanks.

I had troubles applying the patch (I was using `patch -u -p0 < TestRun.pm.diff`),
so just manually made the changes. Not much to report as the server
started up with no errors. I went back and uncommented the lines in
set_ulimit_via_sh and tried starting the server. It starts up fine.

I figured that my system was about to make a liar out of me but when I
ran the tests, I got the error. Furthermore, if I commented ou the lines
in set_ulimit_via_sh as per the patch you sent, I continue to get the
error.

So, I uncommented the B::Concise line and here's the output:

-----------------------------------------------
Apache::TestRun::set_ulimit_via_sh:
w  <1> leavesub[1 ref] K/REFC,1 ->(end)
-     <@> lineseq KP ->w
1        <;> nextstate(Apache::TestRun -413 TestRun.pm:616) v/2 ->2
-        <1> null vK/1 ->9
6           <|> and(other->7) vK/1 ->9
5              <2> helem sK/2 ->6
3                 <1> rv2hv sKR/3 ->4
2                    <$> gv(*ENV) s ->3
4                 <$> const(PVIV "APACHE_TEST_ULIMIT_SET") s/BARE ->5
8              <@> return K ->9
7                 <0> pushmark s ->8
9        <;> nextstate(Apache::TestRun -413 TestRun.pm:619) v/2 ->a
f        <2> sassign vKS/2 ->g
a           <$> const(IV 1) s ->b
e           <2> helem sKRM*/2 ->f
c              <1> rv2hv sKR/3 ->d
b                 <$> gv(*ENV) s ->c
d              <$> const(PVIV "APACHE_TEST_ULIMIT_SET") s/BARE ->e
g        <;> nextstate(Apache::TestRun -413 TestRun.pm:633) v/2 ->h
-        <1> ex-stringify sK/17 ->k
-           <0> ex-pushmark s ->h
j           <2> concat[$original_command:FAKE] sK/TARGMY,2 ->k
h              <$> const(PV "ulimit -c unlimited; ") s ->i
i              <0> padsv[$original_command:FAKE] s ->j
k        <;> nextstate(Apache::TestRun -413 TestRun.pm:635) v/2 ->l
n        <@> exec[t4] vK ->o
l           <0> pushmark s ->m
m           <0> padsv[$original_command:FAKE] l ->n
o        <;> nextstate(Apache::TestRun -413 TestRun.pm:636) v/2 ->p
v        <@> die[t8] sK/1 ->w
p           <0> pushmark s ->q
-           <1> ex-stringify sK/1 ->v
-              <0> ex-pushmark s ->q
u              <2> concat[t6] sKS/2 ->v
s                 <2> concat[t5] sK/2 ->t
q                    <$> const(PV "exec ") s ->r
r                    <0> padsv[$original_command:FAKE] s ->s
t                 <$> const(PV " has failed") s ->u

Apache::TestRun::set_ulimit_via_sh:
w  <1> leavesub[1 ref] K/REFC,1 ->(end)
-     <@> lineseq KP ->w
1        <;> nextstate(Apache::TestRun -413 TestRun.pm:616) v/2 ->2
-        <1> null vK/1 ->9
6           <|> and(other->7) vK/1 ->9
5              <2> helem sK/2 ->6
3                 <1> rv2hv sKR/3 ->4
2                    <$> gv(*ENV) s ->3
4                 <$> const(PVIV "APACHE_TEST_ULIMIT_SET") s/BARE ->5
8              <@> return K ->9
7                 <0> pushmark s ->8
9        <;> nextstate(Apache::TestRun -413 TestRun.pm:619) v/2 ->a
f        <2> sassign vKS/2 ->g
a           <$> const(IV 1) s ->b
e           <2> helem sKRM*/2 ->f
c              <1> rv2hv sKR/3 ->d
b                 <$> gv(*ENV) s ->c
d              <$> const(PVIV "APACHE_TEST_ULIMIT_SET") s/BARE ->e
g        <;> nextstate(Apache::TestRun -413 TestRun.pm:633) v/2 ->h
-        <1> ex-stringify sK/17 ->k
-           <0> ex-pushmark s ->h
j           <2> concat[$original_command:FAKE] sK/TARGMY,2 ->k
h              <$> const(PV "ulimit -c unlimited; ") s ->i
i              <0> padsv[$original_command:FAKE] s ->j
k        <;> nextstate(Apache::TestRun -413 TestRun.pm:635) v/2 ->l
n        <@> exec[t4] vK ->o
l           <0> pushmark s ->m
m           <0> padsv[$original_command:FAKE] l ->n
o        <;> nextstate(Apache::TestRun -413 TestRun.pm:636) v/2 ->p
v        <@> die[t8] sK/1 ->w
p           <0> pushmark s ->q
-           <1> ex-stringify sK/1 ->v
-              <0> ex-pushmark s ->q
u              <2> concat[t6] sKS/2 ->v
s                 <2> concat[t5] sK/2 ->t
q                    <$> const(PV "exec ") s ->r
r                    <0> padsv[$original_command:FAKE] s ->s
t                 <$> const(PV " has failed") s ->u

-----------------------------------------------


I hope this helps someone understand what's happening on my end. I'm
afraid it's pretty foreign to me since I have not studied the Perl
internals. Let me know if I can provide any further testing.


Thanks,
William

-- 
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

Mime
View raw message