httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: [A-T patch] give a hint how to raise the timeout
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:50:08 GMT
On Mar 4, 2004, at 4:15 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> The patch below attempts to give users an idea to try before they rush
> to report a bug. For example:
>
> waiting 120 seconds for server to start: not ok
> giving up after 121 secs. If you think that your system
> is slow or overloaded try again with a longer timeout value.
> For example:
>   % APACHE_TEST_STARTUP_TIMEOUT=420 make test
> or:
>   % /home/stas/apache.org/mp2-cvs/Apache-Test/t/TEST
> -startup_timeout=420
>
> server failed to start! (please examine t/logs/error_log)

Well, to be compliant with the output that Test::Harness expects, you
should precede each line that's intended for the user rather than for
Test Harness with "# ".

> since most likely they run 'make test' I put that option first. How
> does that sound?

It'd be better if you could tell what they were running. It might have
been "./Build test" (and will be more and more, as soon as
Apache::TestMB is done).

Regards,

David