httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher H. Laco" <chrisl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Apache::TestMM::generate_script vs. Win32 Paths
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:08:00 GMT
I've installed Apache::Test 1.07 on ActiveState perl 5.6.1 build 630 and am
trying to make test scripts for a pile of pages in a package I'm workin on.

If I pass in an -httpd path that has spaces in the path, it fails.

    use ExtUtils::MakeMaker;
    use Apache::TestMM qw(test clean);

    push @ARGV, '-httpd', 'C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\Apache.exe';
    Apache::TestMM::filter_args();
    Apache::TestMM::generate_script();

    WriteMakefile(
        NAME         => 'SRE::Apache',
        VERSION_FROM => 'lib/SRE/Apache.pm', # finds $VERSION
        AUTHOR       => 'A. U. Thor (a.u.thor@a.galaxy.far.far.away)'
    );

yields:

    C:\SRE\Apache>perl Makefile.PL
        generating script t/TEST
    Checking if your kit is complete...
    Looks good
    Writing Makefile for SRE::Apache

    C:\SRE\Apache>nmake test
    cp lib/SRE/Apache.pm blib\lib\SRE\Apache.pm
            C:\devkit\perl\bin\perl.exe -Iblib\arch -Iblib\lib  t/TEST
-clean
    C:/Program -l failed: Bad file descriptor at
C:/devkit/perl/site/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm line 878.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\devkit\perl\bin\perl.exe' : return code
'0x9'
    Stop.

Now, normally I would argue that spaces in paths are just plain old
dangerious, especially on Win32.
However, C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\ is the default install path
for the Apache Win32 binary packages.

Of course, changing the location of the Apache install to:

    push @ARGV, '-httpd', 'C:\devkit\Apache\Apache.exe';

works just dandy. :-) In one instance, althout I can't reproduce it, I got
past the first error only to be caught up but this output:

    C:\Program -d C:\Program -f C:\Program -DAPACHE1 -DPERL_USEITHREADS

Is this an Apache::Test problem, or possible an nmake issue?

Thanks,
-=Chris