httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: skipping and installing
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:25:43 GMT

> t/modules/expires.t                    92    4   4.35%  13 21 33 45
> 14 subtests skipped.
>
> and that's it.

oh, I see what you mean, you're missing the

  Failed 1/1 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 1/1 subtests failed, 0.00% okay.

line.

>>are you using an older version of perl perhaps?
>

> yep, 5.6.1.  why would that make a difference?  newer versions of the
> test modules?

yes, Apache-Test relies on Test.pm, Test::Harness, etc for most of the heavy
lifting, so the nuances of reporting is driven more by them than Apache-Test.

however, in this case it may be A-T's fault.  a quick test shows that even
with 5.6.1 the missing line shows up for non-A-T tests.  furthermore, it's
sent to STDERR whereas the results you show go to STDOUT. maybe that's the
problem, STDERR is whacked someplace?  I can't see where, but who knows.

anyway, I'll look at it soonish unless someone beats me to it.

btw, the t/SKIP fix was checked in yesterday if you didn't see it.  thanks!

--Geoff