httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: port conflicts issue
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:59:31 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this?  I regularly manage to get my httpd-test
> checkout into a state where the config suddenly has conflicting Listen
> statements (when it didn't on the previous ./t/TEST invocation):
>
> $ grep -r --include \*.conf Listen.*:8530 t/conf
> t/conf/ssl/ssl.conf:    Listen 127.0.0.1:8530
> t/conf/ssl/proxyssl.conf:    Listen 127.0.0.1:8530
>
> and the server won't start up.  A -clean fixes it but it's kind of
> annoying... haven't managed to work out why.

Yup. I saw that many times. It happes because of the inconsistency in what
config files are reparsed. Every time config files are reparsed the ports are
reassigned. If some files don't get regenerated they will still have the old
port numbers. So what needs to be traced, is why 't/TEST -conf' doesn't pick
up ssl config files.

t/TEST -trace=debug -conf

should be helpful. If you don't figure it out, I'll try to resolve that later.
I haven't written the ssl part, so I'll need to first understand how does it
work. Since it's not a part of the normal config.