httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: win32_fetch_apxs in Apache-Test?
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 06:39:44 GMT
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
> > Hi,
> >     The current Apache-Test cvs, as well as looking for an
> > Apache binary, will also search for apxs, which doesn't come
> > with Apache-2 on Win32. Within the mod_perl 2 distribution
> > Makefile.PL will offer to run a script on Win32 to fetch and
> > install an apxs - might it be an idea to do the same for
> > Apache-Test, or perhaps within the perl-framework
> > Makefile.PL?
>
> But that works only for mp2. How does A-T knows whether a
> user wants mp2 and not mp1? I think if they have mp2, they
> have had a chance to get apxs2 alredy, no?

That's true about a user already getting the chance to get a
development apxs with mp2 - I was wondering though about
doing the same for Apache2 within the perl-framework (the
apxs that is offered with mp2 will work outside of mp2, as
it just requires Apache2 - for example, it builds and runs
the c-modules tests under httpd-test/perl-framework/). So
here we would just have to check for Apache2.

--
best regards,
randy