httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: sticky A-T configuration status?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:54:48 GMT
David Wheeler wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2004, at 3:15 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> So did you get the interactive prompt for the first time? (which of
>> course shouldn't happen if you have passed the -httpd/-apxs args/or if
>> it was against mp2, which it then has used and will remember to use in
>> the future if you don't pass any args). If you were always passing
>> these args, try now not to pass them and see whether it'll use the
>> saved config.
>

> I didn't pass them, but I have them set in my .zshenv:
>
> APXS=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs    # Used by Apache::Test
> APACHE=/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd # Used by Apache::Test
>
> I was prompted the first time, though. Should that have happened?

Because they are no longer APXS and APACHE (in the cvs version). From the
Changes log:

Special to Apache-Test environment variables:
APXS APACHE APACHE_GROUP APACHE_USER APACHE_PORT
are now moved to:
APACHE_TEST_APXS APACHE_TEST_HTTPD APACHE_TEST_GROUP
APACHE_TEST_USER APACHE_TEST_PORT
respectively, for consistency with other APACHE_TEST_ env vars and in
order not to interfere with other projects that may use the same env
vars. [Stas]

But it's good that it has prompted you ;) Now you don't need these variables
(even with adjusted name) unless you have more than one setup.