httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache-Test and Cwd
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:11:27 GMT
David Wheeler wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2004, at 12:39 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Sorry, David, I guess I was testing with the wrong version. Here is a
>> new patch. It breaks quite a few tests in modperl-2.0 but it's because
>> they rely on that chdir_t, and can be fixed to be relocatable. It's
>> possible that there are other implications, but I believe they all can
>> be fixed. But first let me know if that patch does the trick for you.
>

> Yes, I believe it does. With this patch, I no longer have to do funky
> stuff to run my POD tests. Does this mean that Apache::Test now runs
> with Cwd of the distribution root instead of t/?

It just doesn't do any chdirs, so you can really run:
/foo/bar/tar/mar/t/TEST and it will run from /

I haven't done any extensive testing yet, but as I suggested if there are
places where it relies on living in 't', the can be all fixed, since we know
where 't' is via Apache::Test::config()->{vars}->{serverroot}.

And of course all tests that rely on the previous behavior need to be fixed
too. There quite a few tests to fix in mp2, I haven't tested other
repositories, yet.

Geoff, what do you think?