httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: sticky preferences in Apache-Test
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2004 03:09:05 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Randy Kobes wrote:
>>
>>>I haven't worked through this yet, but I find a similar
>>>problem ... I have two Perls, both of which have mp2
>>>installed, but one has the CPAN Apache-Test and the other
>>>has the cvs Apache-Test installed. In building the
>>>cvs Apache-Test, I get the first-time dialogue with
>>>the perl with the CPAN Apache-Test installed, but don't
>>>get the dialogue with the perl with the cvs Apache-Test
>>>installed. I'm a bit baffled as to why, as this occurs
>>>even if I delete the system TestConfigData.pm.
>>
>>But CPAN A-T doesn't have this feature, so you must have
>>installed mp2-cvs on top of it. Also check that you don't
>>have ~/.apache-test/.
>

> I don't have an ~/.apache-test/, and yes, using the perl
> with the CPAN A-T installed to build the cvs A-T is fine.
> Where I run into problems in not seeing the configuration
> dialogue is using the perl with the cvs A-T installed in
> building the cvs A-T, even if I delete the installed
> TestConfigData.pm.

That's the correct behavior at the moment, because you have mp2 installed. If
mp2 is found it has Apache/BuildConfig.pm which tells A-T where httpd is. And
A-T will save that value in the global Apache/TestConfigData.pm if it can
write to it, or in ~/.apache-test/.'

Of course we can change that behavior, but I think it's cool as mp2 users will
never see that interactive dialog.