httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Perl test framework, TestConfig, and debugging A::T
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 03:23:11 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 01:03:00PM -0500, William McKee wrote:
>
>>On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 04:24:41PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>>
>>>I don't have apache 1.3 with ssl so I can't test it. And it doesn't quite
>>>work with apache/mp 2.0 because you have hardcoded mp1 API. Please see the
>>>porting doc: http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/porting.html
>>>http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/porting.html#Making_Code_Conditional_on_Running_mod_perl_Version
>>
>>Oops. Nice info in the links.
>

> While trying to implement this checking in my Apache::TestTest module, I
> had problems with the following pragmas:
>
>     use Apache::Const -compile('OK');
>     use Apache::Constants ':common';
>
> Because we must convert use to require to do the testing, I had to then
> run the import command to get the common tags into my module's
> namespace.

Yes, just like the document explains. Have you read further down? It goes:

     if (MP2) {
           require Apache::RequestRec;
           require Apache::RequestIO;
           require Apache::Const;
           Apache::Const->import(-compile => 'OK');
       }
       else {
           require Apache;
           require Apache::Constants;
           Apache::Constants->import('OK');
       }

> After that everything worked. I haven't tested under MP2 and was only
> guessing about my conversion so you may need to make some modifications
> to the module before testing the latest release[1]. I'd appreciate your
> feedback on my conversion efforts to support both mp1 and mp2. (Yeah, I
> know that I should install a test server locally. Too many things to
> do!).

> [1] http://www.knowmad.com/~william/Apache-TestTest-0.03.tar.gz

And then 4 hours later you posted another email with a list of
problems/questions. So is that the final working version or are you still
working on it?