httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Perl test framework, TestConfig, and debugging A::T
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 03:19:10 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 09:03:54PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>I didn't commit this part. I'm not sure we want to duplicate the porting
>>guide in this document. Instead of duplicating things, I've added a section
>>telling that this document uses mp2 in examples and gave a pointer to the
>>chapter explaining how to write config files and code that will co-exist
>>under both mod_perl generations. (it'll be online within 6 hours, or update
>>your cvs)
>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/modperl-docs/src/docs/general/testing/testing.pod
>

> Yeah, I was starting to think that a split may be better as well. It
> seems that A::T is mostly aimed at mp2 users anyhow.

Not at all. It's module/generation independent framework. It's just that I
learned it (Doug MacEachern has originally wrote it) with mp2, so all the docs
that you see using mp2 examples.

> What's the name of
> the section? I'm not seeing it on the page yet.

I've quoted the URL of the cvs, where you can see all the changes to that
document. The online version gets updated every 6 hours. Here it is:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html#Know_Your_Target_Environment