httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Perl test framework, TestConfig, and debugging A::T
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 03:16:28 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 05:08:39PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>strange, I saw it once and could never reproduce it again. What is the
>>sequence of commands when you get it?
>>
>> t/TEST -start
>> t/TEST -run-tests t/03_hostport.t
>>
>>can't work alone, you need to tell the httpd or apxs location somewhere.
>>When/where do you do that?
>

> I set an APACHE environment variable.

Ah, see, how could I possibly guess that? That's why you need to tell us
everything, give us your credit card code and the number of your safe. ;)

>>I get:
>>
>>ok 2
>># $VAR1 = {
>>#           'securehost' => {
>>#                             'servername' => 'localhost.localdomain',
>>#                             'hostport' => 'localhost.localdomain:8530',
>>#                             'name' => 'localhost.localdomain:8530',
>>#                             'port' => 8530,
>>#                             'namebased' => 0
>>#                           }
>>#         };
>># testing: hostport = localhost.localdomain:8530
>># testing : Retrieving hostport - localhost.localdomain:8530.
>># expected: 1
>># received: 1
>>
>>which seems to be fine.
>

> Agreed but that's not what I get. In fact, it's getting weirder rather
> than better when I run single server instance (start-test-stop) vs.
> repetitive testing. In repetitive testing, the test server is using the
> document root that is defined by my virtual host (the second test
> server). I guess that returning a page is better than the error output
> I was getting earlier but it seems that I've really got this thing
> fubar'ed!

As I suggested before this seems like a subtle bug, since you get it and I've
got it once and wasn't able to reproduce it again. So it's probably the best
to try to trace the code and see where it gets fails. You probably know that
code better than I do by now.

> I'm not really trying to support mp2. I'm just trying to test that my
> custom modules that will never be released on CPAN work under mp1.
> Granted adding support for mp2 is a boon and will be attempted now that
> I know more about how to do it.

See I didn't know that too. So if you don't get advanced I'll need to build
apache/ssl to test your module since I don't have one. I do have one for mp2.