httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: more sticky preferences issues...
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:00:21 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> ok, here's my latest problem...
>
> given a 3rd party module installation
>
> $ perl Makefile.PL -apxs /foo/bin/apxs
>
> two issues arrive
>
> 1) $HOME/.apache-test is created when the tests are run, not when the module
> is installed.  which means that even without any actual installs

I think you didn't finish the sentence?

> 2) -apxs is subsequently ignored for all but the very first time I run
> t/TEST, making it impossible to test against multiple apache/mod_perl installs.

I think because we test only for httpd's setting. that must be the reason. Try
passing -httpd instead for now.

> I know lots of work went into this already, but might it be worth the time
> to back it all out and start with a spec first?  something that the few of
> us that are interested can tweak until we thing we have all the bases covered?

Sure, that's why I didn't want to commit it in first place. I know I've
promised to work on fixes but didn't get to it. So unless you can wait a bit
more, I'm fine with reverting.