httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject more sticky preferences issues...
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:01:38 GMT

ok, here's my latest problem...

given a 3rd party module installation

$ perl Makefile.PL -apxs /foo/bin/apxs

two issues arrive

1) $HOME/.apache-test is created when the tests are run, not when the module
is installed.  which means that even without any actual installs

2) -apxs is subsequently ignored for all but the very first time I run
t/TEST, making it impossible to test against multiple apache/mod_perl installs.

I know lots of work went into this already, but might it be worth the time
to back it all out and start with a spec first?  something that the few of
us that are interested can tweak until we thing we have all the bases covered?

--Geoff