httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Perl test framework, TestConfig, and debugging A::T
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:25:25 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:43:59PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>>OK, I'm working on this conversion and am hitting a roadblock due to mp1
>>>not supporting the PerlSwitches directive.
>>
>>No need to:
>

> That's a nice solution for enabling taintmode and warnings, but I was
> referring to adding the path using -I as shown in the docs example[1].

Yup, I was just showing how to use the same config file for different apache
generations.

>>>Is there a reason that the modperl_startup.pl is required *after* the
>>>extra.conf when the httpd.conf file is built? For now, my workaround is
>>>to use modperl_extra.pl to set @INC and load the module.
>>
>>Yes. There is extra.last.conf.in for those things that you need to be
>>configured after modperl_startup.pl is loaded.
>

> I figured as much. So it seems that the only solution for loading
> modules under mp1 is via modperl_extra.in.

   s/modperl_extra.in/modperl_extra.pl/

> Further testing revealed that
> it is not necessary to actually modify @INC since that's being handled
> in modperl_startup.pl. In fact, it turns out that it's not even
> necessary to loaded Apache::TestTest at all in the config files. Perhaps
> the best directive for the docs would be:
>
> <IfDefine MODPERL2>
>     PerlSwitches -wT
>     # preload the module
>     PerlSwitches -I@ServerRoot@/../lib
> </IfDefine>

> [1]
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html#Extending_Configuration_Setup

It's not the best if you need to handle both generations, in which case you
better move all those @INC mangling into modperl_extra.pl.

And again I don't understand why do you need to add 'lib' when it's already
added with APACHE_TEST_LIVE_DEV=1, look at your modperl_startup.pl it should
be there.