httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Perl test framework, TestConfig, and debugging A::T
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:51:56 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:57:43PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>It's really hard to guess what did you do. As suggested below if you could
>>create a sample package which reproduces the problem, upload it somewhere
>>and post the URL here, we could be much more helpful. You should be able to
>>create this sample package without having any perl modules, only the test
>>modules.
>

> OK, I've put together a package that is posted temporarily to my
> server[1] which duplicates the problems that I have reported. I have two
> modules:
>
>     Apache::TestTest: basic modperl module following the format given at
>     perl.apache.org except converting everything to mp1
>
>     Apache::TestCGIApp: a module that uses the CGI::Application
>     framework which runs in an Apache::Registry environment. I don't
>     think this module is necessary to replicate the problems but have
>     included it simply to demonstrate how I am using Apache::Test in my
>     environment.
>
> I'm sure there's some weird stuff in there but hopefully you can follow
> my logic. Please read the testnotes.txt file and the README for
> installation notes.
>
> Thanks,
> William
>
> [1] http://www.knowmad.com/~william/Apache-TestTest-0.01.tar.gz

Thanks William, but your package has a problem - it uses hardwired paths
(/home/william/perl/Apache-TestTest) , which obviously prevent me (or anybody
else) from using it. You need to use: @ServerRoot@, @DocumentRoot@ and other
placeholders in the config files and Apache::Test->config in perl files.
http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html#toc_Extending_Configuration_Setup

and Apache::Test->config in perl files:
my $dir = catdir Apache::Test::config()->{vars}->{documentroot}, '...',

We need better docs for this configuration issue. Patches are very welcome.

Meanwhile I'll try to s/// your hardcoded path to my hardcoded path and see if
I can move forward