httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: about bugreport of Apache::Test moduleB]
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:29:17 GMT
Ligang Wang wrote:

> I am not sure if you are the Author of Apache::Test module, maybe the
> information is helpful for your later update version.
>
> The Bug Symtom: // it is one of symtom in ToDo list of Apache::Test, "
> However if the problem happens during 'make test'  for some reason Makefile
> doesn't abort on exit from test_clean target, no matter if I put exit -1, 0
> or 1, and proceeds with run_tests target. probably, since __DIE__ will stop
> the server."
>
> The error happens during "make test",
>
> The Reason: I have changed  to move and rebuild the distribution to '/tmp/'
> and repeat the 'make test' phase, but it still doen't work. Then I found
> the error is caused by "Can't locate Apache/TestRun.pm in @INC" (@INC
> contains: lib /opt/perl582/lib/5.8. 2/i686-linux /opt/perl582/lib/5.8.2
> /opt/perl582/lib/site_perl/5.8.2/i686-linux
> /opt/perl582/lib/site_perl/5.8.2 /opt/perl582/lib/site_perl .).
>
> Because The TestRun.pm has not been installed by "make install", the code
> has to specify explicitly the path of TestRun.pm without using @INC.
> (TestRun.m is in the lib/Apache/ of Apache::Test installation directory.)
> -------- For more information, I am running linux 9, but I reinstalled
> perl5.8.2 in /opt/perl582 and mod_perl1.29 + apache1.3 in /opt/apache13.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do. What package are you
trying to run 'make test' with? Have you installed Apache-Test already?

All I understand is that you've tried to run it from a root owned directory as
root and it suggested to move the whole thing to /tmp and rebuild it there.
But besides that I don't follow you. Can you please try to explain the problem
again? Thanks.