httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: sticky preferences in Apache-Test
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:03:10 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:

>>>I've done some more digging - this patch seems to be required.
>>

>>How does it map on the thought from my previous email:
>>
>>"Let's see if we can stay without making a modperl-2.0 build special.
>>Why? Because it should use the modperl-2.0 build args for any 3rd party
>>modules A-T runs, if it's installed and used. So it's really the same as
>>modperl-2.0's "make test". "
>

> I can't really grok what you mean here.
>
> what I do know, however, is that my nightly builds start with 2.1 then move
> to 2.0, issuing 'make realclean' between each.  for the past few nights, the
> 2.0 tests don't run because it's loading TestConfigData.pm from my global
> @INC.  at that point, TestConfigData.pm is from the last install, which is a
> 2.1 install.
>
> this seems wrong to me - I have no remedy short of removing
> TestDataConfig.pm between builds - at I think it would affect users that
> upgrade as well.

Are you sure that your not problem is elsewhere? I see this issue too though
with non-mp2 build, just didn't have a chance to work on it yet.

How do you build your mp2? It should ignore the custom config already, there
must be some glitch.

I'm going to complete the Apache manpages generation and then work on it.