httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: sticky preferences in Apache-Test
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:23:00 GMT

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
>>> I think the patch below handles that fine for any mp2 builds.
>>

>> I've done some more digging - this patch seems to be required.
>

> How does it map on the thought from my previous email:
>
> "Let's see if we can stay without making a modperl-2.0 build special.
> Why? Because it should use the modperl-2.0 build args for any 3rd party
> modules A-T runs, if it's installed and used. So it's really the same as
> modperl-2.0's "make test". "

I can't really grok what you mean here.

what I do know, however, is that my nightly builds start with 2.1 then move
to 2.0, issuing 'make realclean' between each.  for the past few nights, the
2.0 tests don't run because it's loading TestConfigData.pm from my global
@INC.  at that point, TestConfigData.pm is from the last install, which is a
2.1 install.

this seems wrong to me - I have no remedy short of removing
TestDataConfig.pm between builds - at I think it would affect users that
upgrade as well.

HTH

--Geoff