httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: win32_fetch_apxs in Apache-Test?
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:56:06 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Randy Kobes wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>    The current Apache-Test cvs, as well as looking for an
>>>Apache binary, will also search for apxs, which doesn't come
>>>with Apache-2 on Win32. Within the mod_perl 2 distribution
>>>Makefile.PL will offer to run a script on Win32 to fetch and
>>>install an apxs - might it be an idea to do the same for
>>>Apache-Test, or perhaps within the perl-framework
>>>Makefile.PL?
>>
>>But that works only for mp2. How does A-T knows whether a
>>user wants mp2 and not mp1? I think if they have mp2, they
>>have had a chance to get apxs2 alredy, no?
>

> That's true about a user already getting the chance to get a
> development apxs with mp2 - I was wondering though about
> doing the same for Apache2 within the perl-framework (the
> apxs that is offered with mp2 will work outside of mp2, as
> it just requires Apache2 - for example, it builds and runs
> the c-modules tests under httpd-test/perl-framework/). So
> here we would just have to check for Apache2.

Yes, yes, what I was saying is that how the interactive config should know
whether it's Apache 1 or Apache 2 that the user is after? or did you want to
suggest it after user has specified the value for httpd and then if you figure
out that it's for Apache2 and there is no apxs, you'd suggest to install it? I
think that sounds like a working solution.