httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: sticky preferences in Apache-Test
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:07:07 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>Yes, thank you Geoff, I've noticed that too late. And my mail server was
>>down most of the day :(
>

> :)
>

>>I think I have fixed these problems now.
>>
>>What bothers me is the call to default_httpd, which may pick a wrong
>>server. So I've removed it. It is used in the interactive config, to
>>help user to find the right httpd.
>

> I'm not sure if this is related, but something is still amuck for me.  it
> seems that TestConfigData.pm isn't being properly cleaned up on 'make
> realclean' or otherwise overwritten:
>
> $ perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=/apache/2.1/prefork/perl-5.8.2/bin/apxs
> Configuring Apache/2.1.0-dev mod_perl/1.99_13-dev Perl/v5.8.2
>
> $ make && make test
> using Apache/2.0.49-dev (prefork MPM)
>
> waiting 120 seconds for server to start: .httpd: module "mod_perl.c" is not
> compatible with this version of Apache (found 20030821, need 20020903).

Can you please run t/TEST -debug=trace and see which TestConfigData.pm is
loaded? what's inside of it? May be the simple solution is not to load
custom_config when running from inside modperl-2.0? I think that's the best
solution.

The problem is that we have 4 TestConfigData.pm files. If you are inside
modperl-2.0 or Apache-Test, you have one in lib and one in blib, the one in
lib is created as an empty config during 'perl Makefile.PL' then it's copied
to blib. Things gets complicated when you have a global  TestConfigData.pm
installed and when you have ~/.apache-test one installed. It gets very tricky.