httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: sticky preferences in Apache-Test
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:59:30 GMT

> Can you please run t/TEST -debug=trace and see which TestConfigData.pm
> is loaded? what's inside of it? May be the simple solution is not to
> load custom_config when running from inside modperl-2.0? I think that's
> the best solution.

I've already cleaned everything out for today, but I'll do that tomorrow
after my nightly builds run.

> The problem is that we have 4 TestConfigData.pm files. If you are inside
> modperl-2.0 or Apache-Test, you have one in lib and one in blib, the one
> in lib is created as an empty config during 'perl Makefile.PL' then it's
> copied to blib. Things gets complicated when you have a global
> TestConfigData.pm installed and when you have ~/.apache-test one
> installed. It gets very tricky.

no doubt :)

it is possible to have a makepl_args.mod_perl2 setting whereby using saved
settings is skipped altogether?  with all the builds that we both do
nightly, that's the way I'd prefer to do at least infers from the build
enviroment at the moment.

--Geoff